Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

Just had to write about my Vday. So the day started bad. Asher is no longer in a crib so he woke up at 6:30am. I got up and put him back to bed at least four times before I put a childproof knob on the inside of his door and got to go back to bed. Needless to say I was tired when I finally got out of bed and was greeted with Asher at his door and no clothes or diaper on. I quickly realized the missing diaper had been filled with an unmentionable substance. GROSS! Not what I wanted to wake up to. After cleaning up that mess and getting the children to eat breakfast, Roger had to dash out to take Grady to karate.

Unshowered and teeth still not brushed I went up to our church to take our turn to clean the building. Jack and Ash were pretty good helpers and it didn't take long. Afterwards we went home, Rog and Grady were not back yet so we went to Ben Franklin so Jack could vote for his entry in the journal decorating contest.

We came back home and I worked on these cute little valentine buckets for the kids.


At 2:40pm Roger had to dash out again and take Jack to a basketball game. When they returned after 4pm I was still unshowered but my cute buckets were done and now I was really cleaning like a mad woman cause the sitter was going to be there at 5pm. The sitter came and I finally hoped in the shower. We left for our date after 6pm.

So I was a little grumpy and we hadn't planned anything special. But we ended up getting pedicures first at Lilly's nails. It was fantastic! I had not put my makeup on yet so we were sitting in the massage chairs and I started to put on my makeup as we were soaking our feet. The ladies that work there are all from Vietnam and they telling me how young I look and how pretty my makeup was. They were way over the top, but how can you not feel good about yourself when three women are going on and on about you. They were telling Roger he was so handsome and we were such a nice couple, anyway you get the point, it was a great way to start our date.

Then it was off to Nick's for dinner, we did not have reservations but they got us right in. The food was great! Nick's is this quaint Greek/Italian restaurant in Bellevue. Then we headed over to Macy's cause I need some stuff at the Origins counter. Then it was off to the movie theater for Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It was an uplifting and entertaining movie. If you like Kevin James then you will enjoy it.


So the end of the day was great and feeling like junk the first part of the day just made the end even sweeter.

2 comments:

  1. Finally! Someone I know who has seen Mall Cop. I keep asking around to see if it's any good. Never heard of Nick's. Matt and I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had officially moved Asher-dude into a real bed. I hate when you're forced into that decision. can't wait to get our pedicures, too.

    ReplyDelete