Monday, April 13, 2009

My Dad, My Friend, Our Captain, Papa

March 2009 and April 1, 2009 242 

Thursday, April 10, 2009   ~ I got a call that my dad was going to the hospital  for a probable heart attack.  Wow that was unexpected!  But looking back he has felt tired and out of breath for a year.  Friday the doctors did an angiogram and found one blockage and were able to put a stent in while he was still in the catheter  lab.  What a blessing he is out of danger!  Sunday was Easter and I kept thinking of how blessed we are that Dad is alright.  A blessing also that Dad will take his health really seriously and now his doctors will take his symptoms seriously. 

I was just with my Dad in Florida the week before all this happened we went to SeaWorld together, we played at the beach, we went out to dinner, we did a zip line in the backyard, he took the kids thru a treasure hunt at the park, and we went boating.  He is a fantastic Grandpa!  Thanks for a great time Dad!  I am so Grateful you are going to be okay!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. the greatest blessing is to realize how precious life is. i'm so glad you're dad is ok and that you got to experience this blessing.

    ReplyDelete